Friday, June 4, 2010

Goodbye May

So this last month has been pretty eventful for Andrew and I. The main events, moving and the birth of our first child. Two weeks prior to the arrival of Leah we moved out of our apartment. As you can all assume this was no easy task being eight and a half months pregnant. It really did take a toll on my body. Although it was fun being pregnant those last few weeks while I got to feel baby Leah inside me, it is much more enjoyable physically holding her and watching her every expression. One thing I most certainly do not miss about my last couple weeks of pregnancy are swollen ankles. My ankles were so swollen I literally fit into only one pair of my sandals on a good day. It was a good thing I had these ankles for only two weeks but it most certainly made things hard when it came to moving. Here are my ankles the day after the move. The second are my ankles today. Needless to say, it feels great to have my body back.Please excuse my toes, I know I need a pedicure. :) Here are some cute pics of our little munchkin with her eyes open. I truly can't get enough of her little face.

12 comments:

Ashley Gilbert said...

Oh man do I remember the swollen ankles. On my mission we called them cankles and we would lay on the floor and lift our legs straight up while planning. Unfortunately, I didn't have the luxury of laying flat on back, as us prego ladies can't do that the last few months of being pregnant. But yeah I was seriously like FULL of water before I had Chloe. Your feet look awesome now! :D I love her cute little eyes!

Anonymous said...

oh meredith she's GORGEOUS!!!!! i cant wait to comr and snuggle her!!!

Ms. Green Eyes said...

Adorable. And yes, you had some very swollen ankles! Lol. They look great now! Amazing how quickly the body bounces back.
Leah is beautiful! I still have her gift here and can't wait to come meet her!

The Lyda's said...

I can't believe your ankles...you poor thing. I have to say, that was never something I've had to deal with during pregnancy (knock on wood). Leah is absolutely beautiful. I'm so happy for you guys.

Lynsey said...

Oh my goodness, when you told me they were swollen I never pictured them like that! WOW! Zach saw Leah's picture and said, "Cute baby Leah"! We love her to pieces!

Megan said...

I am so glad that you have your ankles back. Those pictures just look painful, make sure to show her those when she gets bigger. They need to know, although worth every painful symptom, just how we suffer to get them here. She is so precious. I'm sure you've heard this already, but enjoy every second because they change so quickly.

Shawna said...

Great job Meredith! Leah is adorable! I'm a fan of her cheeks too:)

thebirdflock said...

She is beautiful! I totally remember the day after Trenton was born and I looked down and realized my ankles were back. It was glorious. I can't wait to see you guys and your sweet baby at the river in a few weeks:)

Jeanine & Christian Brown said...

She is so beautiful. I love her little round cheeks.

The Shaws said...

Leah is sooo adorable Meredith. Wow! I can't believe your feet either. I thought mine were swollen!!

J, J and B said...

I canNOT believe your ankles! Wow! Thank goodness that is over with! And, I am in love with Leahs little mouth and full head of hair! So pretty

Amy said...

So I just found your blog today. I can't believe how swollen your feet were! Leah is so adorable! Congrats again :)