Monday, May 31, 2010

Baby Leah



Baby Leah has finally arrived! Leah Michelle Thompson was born on May 24th at 12:00 a.m. She weighed....are you ready for this... 9 lbs. and 15 oz. and was 22 inches long! What a big and healthy baby she is and we love every little roll she has to offer. She was 10 days early so could you imagine how big she would have been if I actually had her on my due date?! I figured my odds were not great since I weighed 10 lbs 11 0z at birth and my husband was 9 lbs 10 oz at birth. I have always said that I would not mind having a big baby so long as I can get her out ok and it could not have worked out any better. I basically started having contractions Sunday morning around 7:30 and they were about 6 minutes apart. I felt like that was good enough, so off to the hospital we went around 9:30. After a few hours of monitoring they admitted me, I quickly got the epidural and basically waited. At about fifteen to midnight the midwife came in and told me we were ready. Eleven minutes later, exactly at midnight little Leah was here. Aside from the labor lasting all day, I really have no complaints. She is beautiful and healthy and we are thrilled to be her parents. We are so grateful to our Heavenly Father for sending us this sweet bundle of joy!

4 comments:

Ms. Green Eyes said...

Amazing! Perfect little baby. Perfect labor and delivery.

kirk and carrie said...

Wow, you are amazing! 11 minutes?!?

So happy for you guys. She's beautiful, just perfect.

J, J and B said...

I would definitely agree that it's a very good thing she came early!! :)

The Birds said...

We can't wait to meet her... what a cutie!