Monday, August 23, 2010

What I didn't realize...

This has been a post I have been meaning to do since day one of having Leah. I have definitely found an even deeper love for my husband Andrew, through watching him be a dad, then I ever even thought was possible. I guess that's why it is a big reason our Heavenly Father wants us to have children. Every day he comes home from work and is ever so eager to see and hold his baby girl. He wants to be the one to read her her night time book, relieve her from a crying spell, carry her when we are out and about, talk to her when she is in a good mood and and make her laugh etc.... It truly has been so fun watching this side of Andrew. This is probably really common for new dads but I feel he is exceptional. When Andrew and I were first married and even when we were dating I always knew he would be a good father, but what I didn't realize is how much I would enjoy watching him do so. :)Andrew with his first poopy diaper, see all the wipes above Leah's head. :)

I love the look on his face, I made him take this one. :)

8 comments:

Hagberg said...

Your pictures are adorable! Your post about fatherly love was precious! Like I said on Sunday, if you ever need any help with that Adorable little girl you let me know!

Ashley Gilbert said...

I could not agree with you more Meredith! :) Such precious moments with Father and Daughter. I love all the pictures you caught of them bonding together. So cute!

kirk and carrie said...

I love all the cute pictures! I agree that watching your husband (well, for me it's watching Kirk) step into the role of Daddy is just precious. It's amazing how much they change with their own baby in their arms.

A couple Sundays ago I saw Kirk and Andrew standing in the hall with the babies and I thought it was so cute.

Ms. Green Eyes said...

Isn't it the absolute best!? Our husbands become mush when it comes to their baby girls. And it is oh so wonderful to watch. xo

J, J and B said...

It seems like most dads have a hard time with the diapers. They soon get the hang of it! :) What a great dad!

Lynsey said...

Andrew is a great daddy! And you are a super mommy! What a team! Leah is one blessed baby!

Rachel said...

Hey!! I just found your blog through Michelle's! I haven't seen Leah yet so it was fun to look at your blog!! She is a doll!! You guys are such a cute family. I hope we can see you guys sometime soon!

Thompsons said...

Michelle here is my address: meresyson05@aol.com. Thanks so much!