Sunday, August 22, 2010

Summer Fun!

This summer Andrew and I went to southern California and Parker Arizona (the river) for some fun in the sun. We had a great time visiting family and friends, some of which Leah met for the first time. Andrew was with me the first week and then I stayed an extra week to spend a little extra time with the fam bam. For a two week vacation, it was quite busy and went by way too fast. I was horrible at remembering to take pictures of everything and unfortunately did not get the chance to visit everyone I wanted. So if you are one of those I didn't visit, next time for sure!

Ashley Sattler and Danielle Chilcoat came by to visit. What great girlfriends I have. I just miss them to pieces!
My mom and I spent a day together at the Grove in LA. It was a fun day of shopping and enjoying good eats! We didn't see anyone famous, then again, I probably wouldn't know it if I did. :) Last time I went there I saw Ryan Seacrest. The funny thing about that is I walked right past him and didn't even notice. My friend had to point it out to me. I can be so oblivious!

Lynsey and I got to hang out majority of the time. I am so sad I don't have a recent picture of me and my sisters. I guess that's what happens when you bring kids into the picture, we both forget. Sara was on vacation the whole time I was here, so I was bumbed to have not spent too much time with her. Anywho, this is me with lynsey's little munchkins, Zack and Wes. They are so fun!
Leah and Wes are going to be best little buds!

I was so happy to visit the Kusters while in southern cal. I babysat these girls when Maddie was in the first grade and now she is going to Jr. High, while Megan is going to High School!!! Oh my have they grown into these beautiful young women. It was so nice to see them!

For most of the first week of our vacation we went to the river. Some friends of ours have a house that backs up to the river. They are so kind to invite us every summer. About ten couples are invited (lynsey and chris are one of them) and the guys compete in several events such as wake boarding, resistance pull, obstacle course etc... They call it the "River Olympics". The girls basically relax while enjoying boat rides, jet skis, books and the sun! Although I didn't spend too much time in the sun with a baby we still had a blast! Thank you Ryan and Julie!


So right after I knew I was having a girl I came across this bathing suit at Janie and Jack on clearance for ten dollars, while the cover up was twelve. Now some of you might think this isn't that great of a deal for something your kid will wear only a couple of times, but I thought it was way worth it, especially for the photos! So I had to take a ton to get my money's worth. Besides we were matching! :) I know I am cheesy!
Check out the beautiful quiet view!

This girl loves her dad. I think it is adorable!

1 comment:

Shawni said...

She is sooo adorable Meredith. Looks like you had a fun time visiting with everyone. Too bad I wasn't home at the same time, would be nice to see you!